Monday, December 13, 2010

KJ & KJ wedding album

Here are the promised photos of the 9X9 wedding album (that I am keeping for my collection) of Karen & Kenny. Seriously such a beautiful event! The photographer was flown in from Ontario to BC to take these marvelous pictures. I love having these albums of other photographer's work on hand for inspiration. They're so fun to look at!

Many of you know that I can whip through a wedding album very quickly. Often times, at retreats, I would complete a wedding album the first night of the weekend. It's so rewarding to have a whole album finished so quickly! There are reasons, though, that my wedding albums go SO FAST. And, here are some of my rec's:

1) KEEP IT SIMPLE AND CLASSIC. I use a black, cream, or chocolate background, depending on the theme of the wedding.

2) CHOOSE ONE ACCENT COLOR. Or, at the most, two. In this album, I chose red, because her flowers were red. Every once in a blue moon, I would do a page with maybe different colored photo corners or matting, just because it made the picture look that much better.

3) NO PATTERNED PAPER. As much as I adore patterned paper, it's very difficult to choose patterns that are truly timeless. I want a wedding album to look beautiful for the next 50 years, not to look fun and funky and trendy. That's just not what I am going for.

4) KEEP EMBELLISHMENTS TO A MINIMUM. I love using Making Memories Definition stickers in wedding albums. I also like to use a dab of metal embellishments here and there (although I didn't in this one). Photo corners are handy. Maybe a little bit of ribbon is okay too. But, other then that, keep it simple!

5) USE STAMPS. Stamps are an incredible way to repeat something a hundred times. In this album, I used a damask stamp because that was one of the themes of the wedding. I embossed black on the black cardstock for a subtle look that adds texture. In another album, I did snowflakes embossed in robin's egg blue sparkles, also on black cardstock.

Thanks for looking!







6 comments:

thetravelingdaisy said...

Are you doing any craft shows in the Portland, OR area anytime soon?

Lorrie said...

Thanks for sharing your process. I have a wedding album to do for our daughter - this way it might actually get done!

e.mel said...

DHS -

No, unfortunately I don't live in Portland Oregon anymore! I miss Portland SO MUCH and often come to visit, but won't be any time soon :(

BTW...who are you!? lol!

e.mel said...

Lorrie -

YAY! Glad this inspired you! Have a great time doing your daughter's wedding album - awwww :) I can't wait to see the finished product :)

hugs to you!

Vanessa Z. said...

Fantastic! Wish I could see the whole thing!

Canadian Kristin said...

Cannot wait to see the entire album, this teaser look fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...