Thursday, August 7, 2008

Maui Mini

Made this mini album (12X6) before we left for Maui. I thought I would try putting pics and little souveniers in it as we travelled...YEAH RIGHT! But, I was able to quickly stick pictures and embellishments in when we got back so that I have something to show everyone when they say they want to see Maui pictures! So, here's the whole album...all out of order, but you'll get the drift!

I used a combo of chipboard, acrylic, lace paper (ki memories), and patterned paper (american crafts). I painted the chipboard using heidi swapp masks and colors to go with the pp. The "notes from today" stamp was a gift from none other than Ali Edwards (THANKS ALI!). I kept the rest of it simple - just hs chipboard letters and a little paint around the edges to make the acrylic stick out (thanks for that idea, Cate!!!) I had it more complicated in the beginning, with pockets and envelopes and TOO MUCH. There's a quote (which I cannot find right now) that says something like: "Real art is not so much in knowing what to add, but in what to take away." Something like that...

The M-A-U-I is meant to connect the whole album: M is for Memories, A is for Aloha, U is for Utopia, and I is for Island...Memories of Aloha and Utopia on an Island - YUP! That's Maui!
































2 comments:

lyssa said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

Joss said...

Very cool! And the lace paper is awesome. I haven't seen it before! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...