Friday, August 8, 2008

08-08-08 Resolutions

Today is a very special day: 08-08-08...how cool is that?! It's a day close to the middle of the year; a good time, I thought, to review a few scrapbooking and art projects I'd like to accomplish before 2009 comes around:

- do Crystal & Peter's wedding album
- complete Krystal & Eric's wedding album (for myself)
- scan and print David's life story pictures (in a paper bag - completely disorganized!)
- Maui BIG album
- get my Stampin' Up! business items all organized and up to date (excel anyone?)
- paint gift 3 of 3 for Krystal & Eric's bedroom

Although some people (David!) dislike resolutions, I enjoy them. They help put me on track, review what's important to me, discover my values. I notice that many of the projects on my list are for other people, which can be a big motivator. When I get the privilege of watching others' faces light up with joy as I give them a handmade gift, the rewards for me are so great it seems unfair. What are your resolutions before the big oh-nine hits?

Slowly but surely, I'm chipping away at my list - tonight's another crop at Memory Lane with the gals! Maui album here I come!!!

3 comments:

Canadian Kristin said...

Oooooooooh, can't wait to see these resolutions accomplished!!!! Happy creating!!!

Canadian Kristin said...

How's Maui?

Joss said...

Hey Erika,

Hope you are well and hope to see a blog update or two soon :)
- Jocelyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...