Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Taking the Plunge

As most of you know (who am I talking to? I just made this blog three seconds ago...no one even knows about it yet!), I have continuously resisted the pull to join the blogging online world. I have no website, no facebook...nothing but good old fashioned email...

But, I have accepted that blogging is an important way of life for us in today's modern society. I have taken the plunge and joined you! I am happy about this decision...I have not done this reluctantly or under compulsion. I have thought about this choice, and I am entering deliberately.

It's an interesting thing: blogging. I think it's more about the writer, than the reader...don't you? Blogging is this special place where one can feel important - like we have something to offer the world, a legacy to leave. It's this mysterious diary of our thoughts lingering in an unknown construct we call "online." So...what's MY purpose for a blog?

Purpose #1: GROWTH. I'm passionate about change - my husband will be the first to tell you that :) I love to watch myself grow and become more and more the woman God wants me to be. I think that writing about what I am going through, getting feedback from friends about it, and then applying the wisdom of others might make me a better person. Then, through that process of sharing and encouraging, others might be able to grow too. This is the "therapy" part of my blog.

Purpose #2: FUN. I also have a slight love of all things ART! Painting, scrapbooking, photography, stamping...these are the FUN things of my life. I want to share my artistic process with others to inspire joy and creativity. This is the "scrap" part of my blog.

I'll talk more about blogs and what this means to me later...but, for now HELLO BLOGGING WORLD!!! I'M HERE!!!

P.S. My signature below is my artist's signature. I've decided to use it for my blog, because I think I am going to discover that this Creature we call Blog is going to morph into an artistic work of its own...Namely, a really GREAT LIFE STORY!

3 comments:

Canadian Kristin said...

Hooray Erika! Welcome to Blogland! I look forward to reading and seeing you growing and having fun and learning and loving through life!!!

lyssa said...

Congrats! Exciting to see you enter a new realm, we all knew you would come around...

Can't wait to check your blog and see your thoughts/musings.

Joss said...

Welcome to Blogger :) And thanks for telling me about this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...